Southwest Fox and Southwest Xbase++ are run for developers by developers.
You will walk away filled with new ideas and a renewed energy toward developing applications and solutions.
See the Testimonials page for comments from previous attendees.
Here are some great reasons to attend Southwest Fox and Southwest Xbase++:
- Great sessions offered by many of the brightest lights in the Fox and Xbase++
- Regular conference topics, pre-conference sessions, and a keynote to pack your days with learning
opportunities and inspiration.
- Great place to network with lots of other developers.
- White papers from every session so you can read about sessions you
can't fit into your schedule, or review material you saw at the
conference when you return home.
- Highly rated by attendees year after year.
- Exhibitors at the trade show so you can get answers to
questions about their products in one place.
- Resort atmosphere without the typical high resort prices.
- Inexpensive flights available from most parts of the US.
Kathy Sierra has a great blog post on why to go to conferences.
Conference Attendance Justification Help
Is your boss giving you a hard time about attending a conference?
Let us know. Rick Schummer is willing to talk to or email each and every
one of them to help you get the okay to head to any development conference.
He is totally serious. Rick has fought numerous times with former bosses
to get himself as well as teammates to a conference. He has a way of
getting them to see the light!
In addition to Rick's help, here are some things you can tell your boss:
- The speakers are mostly independent consultants and provide training
and know-how on issues from real projects. As a result, this conference
provides training I cannot get any other way.
- The industry is evolving so fast that it's hard to follow and the
only way I can stay up-to-date is to attend a conference every year.
- By the time I find the time to read books, they're obsolete.
Conferences save time by catching me up on important areas of interest in
- Conferences typically cause me to think outside the box and see
techniques, tricks, and technologies that normally aren't covered in